Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Brought home by the police" Written by- Nicole Larkin (Big sister)

Ashton on his lil'tikes bike.
            (Ashton was about 4 years old)
   One day my brother "Taylor" and I were going to ride our scooters around our neighborhood. We bolted to the door when we were stopped by our mother. We knew what was next. "If your going to ride your scooters, you need to take your little brother with you." she said. My mom did daycare and cared for several kids at a time, so her days were always busy.  We didn't like the idea of babysitting Ashton. We knew that he would just slow us down. He sat there with just a pull up and a T-shirt on sitting on his little blue, yellow, and red 3 wheeled lil'tikes bike made out of plastic. He smiled at us as if to say "I'm ready to go." Taylor and I looked at each other, and lied "Oh well we aren't going to go anymore." Ashton looked a little sad and guided his bike into the house. As soon as we were sure Ashton wasn't watching Taylor and I took off on our scooters as fast as we could down the street.
   Meanwhile my father was getting ready to leave on a service call for his business. He must have left while Taylor and I were racing off on our scooters. Ashton noticed that he was leaving with his big Walker's mug, and thought maybe he was going to get a soda from the gas station. 
Taylor, Me, Our Dad, and Ashton.
   Sometimes our dad would take us with him when he got his soda. He would leave his truck running with the music on for us, and bring us back out a sweetish fish or a gummy candy. It was very special to Ashton and to all of us when our dad would take us with him (It was cool to ride in dads truck). Now Ashton figured that dad must have forgot to take him with to get his drink, so after my dad left he started on his lil'tikes bike and went as fast as he could in the direction my dad had driven. My mom noticed that he was gone and also noticed that Taylor and I were gone too, so she just figured that he was with us. 
    A little while later a police car pulled up in front of our house. My mom was freaking out. Then out pops little Ashton with his lil'tikes bike and in his pull up. My mom walked out and greeted the officer. He explained that he found him about two blocks away from our house. A little kid in our neighborhood recognized Ashton and showed the policeman where he lived. My mom apologized and explained that she would keep a better eye on him. She walked Ashton into the house and asked him where he was going and why he was by himself. He simply said "I was going to get a soda with dad."
  When Taylor and I got home we defiantly herd about what had happened. My mom was frustrated with us and we got in trouble for not including our little brother.
    Ashton thought it was so cool to ride in a police car he talked about it for days to kids in our neighborhood and to Taylor and I. He didn't even care that we hadn't included him because he got to ride in a police car with a real officer! 

1 comment:

  1. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1214895550930.24878.1785078112&l=5dc50c1e96&type=1

    Here are the pictures I scanned in when I was making the DVD for your mom. I noticed you've got some of them in your posts but they look like pictures of pictures. Hope having the originals helps!

    ReplyDelete